FEB 7-9, 2020
Welcome to the 4th Annual Haines Junction Mountain Festival!
HIGHLIGHTS (stay tuned for updates)
Fri Feb 7th: – St. Elias Convention Centre
- Doors open at 5pm. Dinner (for sale) by Grace’s Cucina at 5pm
- Live music by Dena Zagi (2019 Indigenous Music Award Nominees)
- ‘Men of Steele’ video of the 1995 climb of Mt Steele celebrating the 100th anniversary of the RCMP in the Yukon
- ‘Ice Patches and Finds’ presentation by Christian Thomas and Kyra Chambers
- ‘Cycling the World’ presentation by Pasche family
- assorted Mountain Films
Sat Feb 8th: – Da Ku Cultural Centre, Haines Junction
- Antler Carving Workshop by Dennis Shorty. 9am-12pm. Register with CAFN, 867-634-3300. $40, only 8 spots available.
- Alpine Club of Canada (Yukon Section) ice climbing trip in Kluane area. Contact ACC for details and membership.
- Festival Doors Open at 2:30pm. Booths and bannock for sale by Teresa Ward.
- Event Welcome with Dakwakada Dancers at 3pm
- ‘Importance of Mountains to First Nations’ presentation by John Fingland
- Canadian Mountain Network introduction
- Mountain Films
- ‘Invasive Species’ presentation by Alsek RRC
- Community Dinner at 5pm. FREE (by donation).
- Wildland Fire Presentations by Ed Struzik and Mike Fancie (YG)
- Kohklux Map Presentation by Daniel Ashley
- ‘Tlatsini’ video Haines Junction premiere by Mike Rudyk and Wayne Carlick (read film details here).
Sun Feb 9th: – Pine Lake Picnic Area, Haines Junction
- Family Fun Ski Day with the St. Elias Ski Club at Pine Lake
For more information or to volunteer, please email us at yukonmountainfest [at] gmail [dot] com